What is ChatGPT – A Beginner’s Guide to ChatGPTArtificial Intelligence
ChatGPT was launched on November 30 2022. Makers put it to public beta testing on December 1, 2022. On Wednesday, within one week after the launching of ChatGPT, it crossed more than 1 million users. Its success has made it a hub for many tech investors.
What is this ChatGPT that is creating buzz among the users? Who is the creator of ChatGPT? How does it function? What are its benefits? Are there any limitations? Is ChatGPT going to eat the jobs of writers in the future? Can we compare ChatGPT with Google? What is this famous application’s future? Don’t worry! All the questions mentioned above are answered in this article. Keep reading.
What is ChatGPT and Who Built It?
ChatGPT is known to be an alternative to Open AI’s popular GPT-3.5 language-generation software, a robust new AI tech tool which was created to continue human-like conversations with people via chatbots. OpenAI, an AI-related research agency, builds it. OpenAI was discovered in 2015 by Sam Altman, Greg Brockman, Wojciech Zaremba, Ilya Sutskever, and Twitter owner Elon Musk.
ChatGPT was launched publicly on November 30, 2022. It can answer questions and cross-questions, and this bot can admit its mistakes and reject wrongly entered queries. Moreover, it also can recognize and create a particular writing pattern through thorough analysis. It can also assist you in creating open outlines and matters of codes, essays, and emails.
How ChatGPT Works?
To use ChatGPT, You have to visit chat.openai.com. Now you have to create an OpenAI account and then sign in to access ChatGPT. You are now free to chat here. You can ask any question on ChatGPT free of cost since it is still in its research stage. People are using ChatGPT in various ways.
Most users ask questions, create AI art prompts, perform coding and converse philosophically. You can ask for anything or everything, including the best holiday destinations and ways to celebrate Christmas at home. OpenAI revealed that the model used behind ChatGPT is Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF), in which users can access both AI and user assistants.
It is to be noted that ChatGPT functioning is far different from search engine functioning. The search engine uses information available on Google for composing answers, while ChatGPT creates its approach to answering and other activities through its codes and software. Since it presents the saved information and does not have any real source, the changes in the error display increase.
The Benefits of ChatGPT
There are many expectations from ChatGPT in future. Here is the list of benefits of ChatGPT:
- It is free of cost and is now in its research stage.
- It is a resourceful tool for even college-level students as its tone of writing can assist them in creating assignments and research studies.
- It can not only answer general questions but also your follow-up questions.
- ChatGPT is also skilled in coding and can even generate complex Python codes.
- Its AI is still developing and can analyze the different tones of writing and answer accordingly.
- It can translate text from one language to another language.
- You can use it for social media updates and generating blogs.
- You can also establish personalized communication and ask for honest product reviews and emails.
What Are The Limitations of ChatGPT?
Although the tool is gaining popularity, there are still some limitations that people need to be aware of. These limitations include the following:
- ChatGPT suggests answers only on the previously saved data in its memory, and it doesn’t browse information like a search engine. Hence, it will not be able to answer anything that’s not already present in ChatGPT memory.
- It is an AI bot; hence, it doesn’t implement its own ability to understand different perspectives on the topic. As a result, it cannot provide a different context and deep understanding of any particular topic.
- The tool is created by business leaders, which means it doesn’t contain answers criticizing the parent companies, making it biased.
- It is now free of cost, but it will soon start charging for its answers, as mentioned by one of the officials of OpenAI.
The Future of ChatGPT and its Importance
The ChatGPT has targeted to obtain a revenue of $1 billion in the upcoming years. It has crossed 1 million users in just a week, which indicates the importance and craze of users of ChatGPT. It is believed that ChatGPT will take over professional writers’ businesses, and this is only true in some cases. ChatGPT needs to be self-sufficient.
It still needs human support, guidance and information to process. The developers and writers behind ChatGPT are none other than humans. But yes, it’s threatening to some struggling professionals as software has capabilities such as the ability to sarcasm. For instance, when a user asks ChatGPT to crack a joke, it says, “Why was the Facebook advertiser so lonely? Because all his friends were just “users”!
Hence this was all about a beginner’s guide to ChatGPT. AI has already entered our world and is replacing humans in various aspects. However, the staff working behind this AI is humans, and it is a never-ending cycle. ChatGPT has a brighter future, but it is too early to say that it will eat the jobs of professional writers.