Which One to Choose RDBMS(Mysql) / MongoDB ?Database
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a database in which data is not in form of SQL database.
What was the need for MongoDB?
RDBMS is always the best choice for storing data of all type of applications. But the issue came with the RDBMS was of scalability as the data when data start growing exponentially. So MongoDB came into existence.
What is the difference between RDBMS and MongoDB?
- RDBMS stores data in the manner of two Dimensional column row structure, whereas in MongoDB data is stored in form of data document model.
- When developing a database in RDBMS you have to design your own table and create database structure as per the project requirement, whereas in MongoDB there is no need to worry about database structure.
- When dealing with RDBMS you have to use SQL Query for fetching and storing data, whereas when dealing with MongoDB you can use JSON query to fetch and store data.
- MongoDB is almost 100 times faster than RDBMS.
Features of MongoDB:
- Embedded support for data models
- A wide range of storage engine support
- In memory speed
When to use the MongoDB database?
MongoDB but be used when you have a very large scale projects because of this the data would be easily scalable and the application working would be faster. This is possible because MongoDB does not have ORM.
A real-life example of MongoDB database
In India, the Unique Identification project i.e. Aadhar is the system which is developed using the MongoDB database.
eBay is an American multinational internet consumer-to-consumer company which has also use MongoDB.