What is SaaS? – Software As a Service
Software as a Service
Software as a Service (SaaS), a.k.a. on-demand software, is a software delivery model in which software and its associated data are hosted centrally and accessed using a thin-client, usually a web browser over the internet.
SaaS in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.
SaaS can be accessed on any web browsers.
Simply put, SaaS is a method for delivering software as a web-based service via remote access. The software service can be purchased with a monthly fee and pay as you go.
What is SaaS?
Software As A Service is Multi-tenant architecture or we can say Virtualization as an alternative.
It is a Pricing model pay as we go, the relatively low cost for user provisioning
It also provides Configuration and customization and Accelerated feature deliveryIt means a much shorter release cycle.
It also based on Open integration protocolsTypically HTTP/HTTPS, JSON, REST, SOAP.
We are in the era of Cloud Computing!
- Cloud computing stack
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Monitoring as a Service (MaaS) – emerging
- Communication as a Service (CaaS)
- Anything as a Service – emerging
There are so many services but SaaS is one of the most widely used service models in the world.
SaaS has a lot of appeal to businesses. Here are a few reasons why:
- Multi-tenant software architecture
- Low cost, fast investment, shared license
- High manageability
- Free of deployment and support
- Cost-effective: pay as we go
- Customization is easy
- Can scale well – commercialization
Advantages of SaaS
- Easy to use – Most of the applications in Saas require the only web browser to run.
- You don’t need to worry about upgrade software or security, these are the responsibility of Saas provider to upgrades, uptime, and security.
- Work anywhere.
- Lower cost of entry – The pay as you go pricing model of SaaS makes it affordable to small businesses and individuals.
- Scalability: As SaaS application is On-Demand software so it can be easily scaled up or down to meet consumer demand. Consumers do not need to worry about different computing infrastructure on their own side.
- Applications are less chances of data loss since data is being stored in the cloud and SaaS provider’s servers.
- Compared to other traditional applications, SaaS applications are more capable as they do not require to install binary code on each machine.
- SaaS applications can be run on many devices and operating systems.
- Provides better communications between teams since the data is centrally stored.
- SaaS applications are much faster and also favors an Agile development life cycle. Software changes and frequent and on-demand.
SaaS case studies
Here are the details of services provided by two of the biggest SaaS providers today: Amazon & Google.
- Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- Amazon simple storage services(S3)
- Amazon Elastic Book Store(EBS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Route53
- Amazon Dynamo DB
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
- Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Google App Engine
Here are ten reasons why you should be using Drupal for big website.
Here are ten reasons why you should be using Drupal for a big website.
1. It’s an attempted and certified framework applied by vast worldwide organizations and associations. A few cases of Drupal clients include:
⦁ Oxford University
⦁ Harvard’s Drupal Website
⦁ The French government
2. Drupal 8 is Open Source. It’s totally free. What is additionally free are thousands of modules accessible at www.drupal.org. You don’t need to take care of any authorizing costs like you would need to do with business programming.
3. A great many organizations (Drupal agencies) around the globe work firm on adjusting Drupal to clients’ needs (establishment, setup, making layouts and modules, facilitating).
4. Think flexibility when you think about Drupal. One of the key qualities of Drupal is adaptability. With a straightforward module called CCK (Content Construction Kit), for example, one can make totally new sorts of substance ( Pages, Blog passages, Stories, Books and Polls), having complete control over substance – where and how the substance is shown.
5. Choose Drupal for Security. Security is of principal worry to organizations, and Drupal, definitely known for its huge network, keeps up a committed security group that routinely surveys discharges and security issues. Each Drupal-based site consequently checks whether they have the most current variant of Drupal and every one of the modules. On the off chance that another form is discharged, the executive gets educated about it on the double.
6. New versions of Drupal 8 are released every six months. Drupal 8.0 was released toward the finish of 2015. As of now, we are in rendition 8.4. Each new version presents new bugfixes, and add new functionalities and modules accessible in Drupal center. The Drupal advancement group goes for adding new capacities to grow its ease of use and abilities. By picking Drupal 8 you guarantee getting new capacities for your site – totally for nothing out of pocket!
7. Be imaginative with Drupal incorporation arrangements. Drupal is exceptionally good with different arrangements and administrations, another of its most prominent qualities.
Government sites, for example, in many cases must incorporate with big business content, information vaults, inner distributing instruments, national administration focuses, installment frameworks, restrictive inheritance frameworks and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
As it utilizes open standard and advancements, it furnishes an extensible structure to incorporate with these other information sources.
8. From the technological viewpoint, Drupal 8 was developed in PHP (it utilizes PHP 7, which is blasting quick), utilizes Symfony Framework parts (accepted to be the best answer for creating complex applications in the PHP biological system) and Twig template engine, which streamlines front-end works and enhances security.
9. As a project, Drupal is created by a network spreading over the whole world. More than 100,000 users effectively create Drupal core and its modules. 100,000 developers are unquestionably more than 10 or even 100 coders taking a shot at a given business arrangement. In addition, more than 1 million users are enlisted with www.drupal.org, helping the advancement by rolling out improvement demands for the core and the modules.
10. Prefer Drupal Development because of the IT cost reduction. As an open source, it saves organizations and associations from costly licensing charges and vendor secure. Drupal’s community-developed software is free, and it accompanies a huge number of contributed modules, themes, and even pre-designed platforms known as distributions.
Code sharing is another cost-sparing open door for some enterprises, which can definitely quicken development and diminish work costs.
If you want a complex site, choose Drupal. IT Path Solutions differentiates itself from the competition by sharing a completely different perspective towards their clients as partners and the high-end contribution from our side is always useful in providing the highest customer experience to form a program that provides substantial business results. We do not act only as an order taker but we value our relationships with our clients that are purely based on Trust, Commitment and Fulfillment towards achieving set goals not merely dependent on rigid business contracts. With our vision and experience, we tend to bring your vision into useful reality with options and applications that bring worth to your organizations and finish users.
Kotlin vs Java: Which One Is Better For Android App Development?
Last year, Google I/O conference has declared Kotlin as an officially supported language in Android which has shook the digital world. Since then, many mobile app developers or newbies are confused on whether they should pour an effort to learn Kotlin or continue with Java. Tough choice!
But, don’t worry! This guide will surely work as a key to your treasure box. In this article, I’ll introduce you to both of them to help you untie the confusion knot! Here we go!
I know, whenever it comes to develop any Android Applications, your immediate reaction would be JAVA. Undoubtedly, Java deserves our special attention as it is an object-oriented programming language which has own the title of the second most active language on GitHub. And, its popularity grows day after day. Why? Read to know!
Advantages of Java
1) First and foremost, it is easy to learn and understand as compared to any other languages.
2) It is flexible as you can run it in a virtual machine as well as the browser. Reusing Java code and updating the software is easy-peasy!
Disadvantages of Java
1) Java has some limitations which creates issues while designing Android APIs.
2) It is slower than many other languages.
Kotlin was developed by JetBrains before 7 years and now, it is attracted Android community with its simple code feature. Anyone can learn this language and for that, you don’t need in-depth knowledge of mobile app development. If you know basics of Java or C# then it will work as icing on the cake. Although, Kotlin developers have simplified a language so that even nontechie can learn effortlessly and become a techie!
Advantages of Kotlin
1) It is concise than Java so there remains less possibility of errors.
2) Switching from Java to Kotlin is easy as it doesn’t affect your existing code format, you can simply switch from Java to Kotlin by installing the Kotlin plugin.
Disadvantages of Kotlin
1) It has slower compilation speed than Java
2) Kotlin has small developer community so there are limited learning or mentoring resources.
Now, It’s Your Turn
In a nutshell, if you’re a beginner then you should learn Java. And if you already know the basics of Java then learning Kotlin would lead you to the peak of evolving techno-world. Keep learning, it never exhausts your mind!